During the week of the 13th May 2019, two members of our private family law team, Melanie Winship-Lee and Sara Rutter, completed the Resolution code of practice course in London. Resolution is an organisation of 6,500 family lawyers and other professionals, who believe in a constructive, non-confrontational approach to family law matters. Hewitts are proud to be members of such a reputable organisation.
Resolution supports the development of family lawyers through training programmes, publications and good practice guides through its accreditation scheme.
The foundation of membership of Resolution is observance of the code of practice which sets out the principles of a non-confrontational approach to family law matters. The principles of the code are widely recognised and have been adopted by the Law Society as recommended good practice for all family lawyers.
By following the code of practice we aim to:
- Reduce or manage any conflict and confrontation;
- Support and encourage families to put the best interests of any children first.
- Act with honesty, integrity and objectivity.
- Help clients understand and manage the potential long-term financial and emotional consequences of decisions.
- Listen to and treat everyone with respect and without judgment.
- Use our experience and knowledge to guide clients through the options available to them.
- Continually develop our knowledge and skills.
- Use the Resolution Guides to Good Practice in our day-to-day work.
Hewitts can offer advice and assistance if you are facing divorce or separation. We can help you to sort out what can be complex issues involving the care of children, the home and finances. If you would like further information please contact a member of our team.
You can also discover more about Resolution by visiting their website, http://www.resolution.org.uk/